Coker Close, Bicester Oxon,
T. 01869 249333
Dr Kelly Gladwish-Harris, Dr Tim Powell
Bicester Health Centre is situated near the centre of the market town of Bicester in North Oxfordshire. We are a 6-partner practice and serve a population of approximately 15600 patients from Bicester town and the surrounding village so we have a wide case mix to allow
excellent experience in general practice.
We have been a training practice for many years and have 2 trainers. We regularly have other learners in the practice as medical students from both London and Oxford spend attachments here and we have taken part in pilot posts for district nurse and nurse practitioner training and the whole practice is committed to learning.
But what you really need to know is why you should come and join us for your training:
- We’re a happy, friendly practice who pull together and make it an enjoyable place to work. Most people who come to us end up staying in some guise or other!
- There is loads of expertise within the practice. Most of the partners have special interests and we have a superb nursing team who can give teaching in chronic disease.
- We are very involved in primary care research, led by Dr Robin Fox who has strong links with the Oxford University Department of general practice.
- We run in-house education meetings for the clinical staff in term-time and tailor the subjects to the learning needs that are identified by the clinical team, including having external speakers, audit presentations, case reviews etc.
- We’re next to the Community Hospital which provides in-patient beds that the practice looks after and it also has and X-ray department, physio etc so it makes care of our patients much easier.
- The trainee gets their own, fully-equipped room.
- We have a very good record for people passing their MRCGP exam.
- There are a lot of good cooks on the staff so our communal lunches are worth attending!
- We’re very near both the town centre shops and Bicester Village so the retail therapy is good if you want a change of scene.
We very much have a philosophy of working hard and playing hard and strive for high standards and we want to help you become the best GP that you can. So, if you’re interested in joining us, contact either myself or our practice manager, Paul Netherton, to come and have an informal look around.