Dr Esther Hill, Dr Laura Bate
Nightingale Place, Bicester, Oxon. OX26 6XX
T. 01869 258585
Alchester Medical Practice is situated in Bicester which is a market town just outside Oxford City.
Great communications with the rest of the country, especially London (45mins by train) and the Midlands.
Fantastic place to live and bring up a family, affordable housing with a mixture of old and new accommodation.
Good restaurants, schools, cinema, theatre, outdoor pursuits and fantastic shopping.
The population served is generally young with a low deprivation index.
Work load is under control as is work life balance. The team is supportive and innovative with a mentoring ethos.
Victoria House Surgery and Langford Medical Practice merged in October 2016 to become Alchester Medical Group which has provided opportunities to design and expand local services.
There is information on the website www.alchestermedicalgroup.co.uk about training within the practice and details about the team based within the practice.
Dr Esther Hill is the lead trainer. She has previously worked as an assistant Programme Director in the North Oxfordshire VTS and has been a trainer in Derbyshire. She is also involved in Training Oxford and Buckingham Medical students.
About the Surgery
- Modern, large consulting rooms
- Growing list size of 21,000 across two sites
- High levels of patient satisfaction
- Working alongside 14 other highly-qualified GPs with a whole spectrum of special interests
- Genuinely happy and pleasant working environment
- Loyal staff – high staff retention
- Respected training practice – including F2’s and registrars, involvement in training with Oxford University students and Buckingham Medical School.
- Exciting future plans including new premises and expansion of service provision