ST3-A August 2023 – January 2024
ST3-B February – July 2024
New to ST3 is “Breakfast Club”. Both national surveys and our own trainees tell us that having the opportunity to meet and bond with other ST3s is a vital part of their training and wellbeing. We start each morning session at 9am with a general discussion topic accompanied by hot drinks and breakfast snacks. We’ll explain further at our first session.
Past Content & Feedback from the Bolton ST3 Day Release Course
- Nick Walton AD February 2023 ST3 Induction slides
- TPD February 2023 ST3 WPBA Induction slides
- August 2020 – February 2021 GP ST3
- RCA Preparation Aide Memoire April 2021
- Study Leave and Out of Hours 16.9.20
- Updated Day Release Course Programme Spring 2020
- GPST3 Day Release Course programme 19-20
- Feedback from 2018-19 Day Release Course
- Feedback from 2017-18 ST3 Day Release Course
- Feedback from 2016-17 ST3 Day Release Course
- Feedback from 2015-16 ST3 Day Release Course
We see the focus of medical care is on teamwork, and the role of the GP is vital in nurturing this team to its full effectiveness.
The Day Release Course (DRC) is run by the Primary Care Medical Educators Kat Rothwell and Seb Pillon, with support from trainers and expert speakers. Our course begins in February and September, from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm and is currently delivered in the Education Centre at Bolton NHS Foundation Trust. We will have weekly Wednesday meetings throughout the year with breaks for Christmas, Easter and half term. Our timetable has more sessions in the first half of the year to cover RCA preparation. We encourage the group to break into smaller groups to prepare for the RCA and there are individual sessions provided for RCA practice with Actors and input from a RCA Examiner. The latter part of the programme is more focused on preparing trainees for life after training including CV preparation, interview practice, dealing with difficult situations, conflict and complaints, maintaining work-life balance and managing personal finances. We encourage Trainees to become involved in teaching and participating in the training programme at all stages.
Page last reviewed: 21 January, 2024