Thank you for your interest in joining us at Wokingham Medical Centre. We are members of Modality Partnership, a GP super-partnership that operates nationally in the UK. We are proud of the work we do both locally and nationally, our practice values and our place in the community. For a more detailed practice profile, informal chat or to arrange a visit please contact our Training Lead, Dr Helen Rutherford. You can e-mail Helen at email@example.com
Why train with us?
• Friendly team: you will receive a genuinely warm welcome from our multi-disciplinary team and find your supervisors approachable and supportive. Our excellent managerial team is always happy to help.
• Pastoral Care: we consider pastoral care to be very much part of our responsibility to our trainees. You will be well looked after and mentored but will be prepared for independent practice when you leave us.
• Peer Support: we are a multi-trainee practice with opportunities for in-house AKT/CSA practice groups and small group learning in joint tutorials
• Positivity: Despite the current NHS crisis we have an optimistic outlook regarding the future of primary care. This is, in part, due to our membership of Modality Partnership.
• Commitment: The entire team is committed to training. You will have a dedicated de-brief after each surgery and protected time for a weekly tutorial and self-study. Our Trainers are Drs Zishan Ali, Husein Hafizji and Helen Rutherford. The majority of our other Partners have completed training in teaching either F2 doctors or medical students.
• Award Winning: WMC is a purpose-built, multi-award-winning medical centre. The building creates a calm, contemporary and non-institutional environment for patients and staff alike. Consulting rooms are well equipped and our common room and roof terrace are relaxing places to have a break and chat with other members of the team.
• Innovative: Exposure to working at scale through our membership of a super-partnership. We are ambitious and always looking for ways to improve our services and adopt new technologies.
• Governance: We have a strong ethos of clinical governance with an emphasis on providing high quality care. We learn from each other’s experiences through team problem sharing and solving in our regular multi-disciplinary meetings.
• Research Potential: We are a RCGP accredited research practice and part of Thames Valley research network
• Town Centre Practice: Wokingham regularly tops ‘best places to live in UK’ lists
What do our trainees say about us?
• ‘tutorials, teaching and feedback brilliant’
• ‘everyone has been very supportive and thorough during de brief sessions’
• ‘all staff have been welcoming, friendly and supportive’