- You have 60 sessions (30 days) study leave per year
- Approximately 30 sessions (15 days) will be to attend the half day release course
- Your study leave budget is top-sliced to give you membership of Gloucestershire GP Education Trust (GGPET) and also to run courses such as induction and the 2 x two day courses in ST3
- Your study leave budget runs from August to July and un-used funds cannot be carried forward
- All study leave (including attendance at GGPET events) other than attendance at the Half Day Release Programme must be applied for using the Study Leave Application Form
- You are expected to spread your study leave out throughout the year and it should be educationally appropriate. The Severn Deanery has several useful pages which give you more information on study leave:
http://www.primarycare.severndeanery.nhs.uk/training/trainees/leave/hesw-gp-study-leave-guidance/ – this link is to the Severn Deanery Study Leave Policy but also gives you further information on your private study time which you are given when in GP posts.
http://www.primarycare.severndeanery.nhs.uk/training/trainees/leave/hesw-gp-study-leave-guidance/show/new-item-94 – this link gives examples or what is considered to be acceptable use of study leave.