The Deanery and VTS team are responsible for the educational component of training but are not involved in their employment. For information and advice on contracting, salaries, maternity pay, sick pay, pensions, indemnity, DBS and performers list applications please contact the single lead employer
- Worked example GP work schedule ST3
- Thames Valley AIT Committee Guidance for Trainees and GP Supervisors
- Guidance for GP practices 2016
- Query Form – Thames Valley
- Wessex – Thames Valley Presentation update
N.B. The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust has been commissioned by NHS Employers to provide support and advice to GP practices in Wessex and Thames Valley in relation to the introduction of this new contract for GP trainees.
As a GP practice likely to be employing one or more trainees on the new 2016 terms and conditions, you will need to be able to:
- Gain an awareness of the new 2016 Terms & Conditions of Service, and how they apply in a practice setting
- Use, understand and implement compliant work schedules
- Set up processes for managing exception reporting and work schedule reviews.
Under the terms of our arrangement with NHS Employers, the Royal Free London can provide the following:
- Advice and support in the interpretation of the 2016 contract
- Advice and support on the production of work schedules, including directing you to templates which you can use
- Identifying whether pay protection is required and the calculation of this
- Advice on how to engage a Guardian of Safe Working Hours (if there is not already one in place).
Should you wish to contact us for other advice or support in regard to the new contract please email the address below:
rf.Thamesvalley@nhs.net (for Thames Valley Surgeries).
We aim to respond to 95% of queries within two working days. Complex queries may take a little longer, but we also aim to have resolved 95% of all queries within four working days
Please note that in keeping with standard NHS Employers’ practice as a body dedicated to supporting employers, we can only respond to queries raised by GP trainers or practice managers; we are unable to respond to queries raised by trainees. Any trainee contacting the service will be politely referred back to the employing practice to discuss his or her query with the practice