- The teaching programme will run from September until July. Each teaching session is held jointly with ST1 trainees. Trainees may be split into their respective year groups for the second half of the session.
- It is the trainee’s responsibility to check the timetable and confirm availability with their hospital department or GP practice before booking a place with the GP Office. Please liaise with your GP colleagues and rota organisers to share opportunities equally.
- There is the expectation that trainees are to reach a minimum of 70% attendance based on 10 teaching sessions overall each academic year. Pro-rata for LTFT trainees.
- Additional Topic Teaching sessions will be held approximately once a month. Attendance for all ST1s and ST2s is strongly encouraged and mandatory for all ST3s to attend. Some Topic Teaching is organised on our behalf by BGPERT, our external education provider. https://www.bathgped.co.uk/
- Regular teaching reminders will be sent out (please plan ahead).
- If you find you cannot attend please let the GP Office know as a courtesy.
- Attendance is recorded using the signed register from each session.
- Regular checks of teaching attendance will be made, especially around 6 month review and ARCP periods.
- If it is on the teaching timetable an Accent study leave application does not need to be submitted.