The Bath GP Education course aims to:
- Develop holistic approach and community orientation
- Equip DiT with key knowledge and skills to enable them to have successful and productive placements in GP
- Support DiT through their hospital and community posts and enable them to link their learning in these posts to primary care.
- Pass exams
- Encourage evidence-based, person-centred practice
- Develop self care and resilience
- Develop reflective practice and team working skills
- Encourage independent thought and inspire confidence
- Broaden view of medicine towards patients as people within a community and societal context
- Introduce specialist areas of interest and portfolio careers
- Encourage group bonding and peer support
- Help all DiT to feel secure, accepted and able to bring their whole selves to work and study.