In hospital rotations LTFT trainees will be in slot shares if at all possible.
- Two LTFT trainees are allocated to one full time job
- Each trainee works at 60% of full time
- Both trainees are expected to work on Tuesdays so both are able to attend the GP training programme educational sessions
- The two slot share trainees organise how they will cover the rota between them and then seek approval of this from the department / practice
- This needs to be fair to both trainees in terms of equal allocation of on call shifts etc
- Organising the rota needs to be done well in advance – organisation is key