- A&E job.
- You do a mixture of majors and minors
- There is the opportunity to do procedures
- There is very good senior support from registrars and consultants
- There is a daily 4pm team meeting handover meeting
The Horton General Hospital, Banbury
Shift pattern (lates/nights/weekends etc)
The rota follows a 1 in 6 pattern:
Week 1 – Monday-Thursday nights 2200-0830.
Week 2 – Monday, Tuesday early shifts 0800-1700, Wednesday zero day, Thursday late shift 1600-0100, Friday-Sunday nights.
Week 3 – Wednesday-Friday early shifts.
Week 4 – Monday, Tuesday late shift, Wednesday, Thursday zero days, Friday-Sunday late shifts.
Week 5 – Monday zero day, Tuesday-Friday early shifts.
Week 6 – Monday-Thursday late shifts, Friday mid shift 1200-2200.
Top tips for extra opportunities (e.g. teaching / skills )
Lots of teaching including protected trainee teaching every week Friday mornings 9-12am which includes ED, paediatrics and radiology.
- Well supported emergency unit
- A nice environment to work in, very sociable
- Scrubs provided
- The rota coordinators are really flexible and helpful in organising leave
- Usually a high intensity of work
- The rota can be tiring if you don’t use your leave effectively!
The details are correct at the time of writing but are subject to change.