Educational Supervisor (Trainer)
- From the beginning of ST1 you will have an Educational Supervisor. This is normally your HENW approved trainer in your general practice year ie ST3
- All the Trainers are members of the local Blackpool Trainers Group but in addition under the care of the HENW and attend HENW training updates.
- They will review your training and experience over your 3 years training.
- You will need to meet with your Educational Supervisor for 6 monthly reviews.
- They will need to approve any study leave.
- Please make contact with your Educational Supervisor in your first month. It is your responsibility to make contact and arrange reviews.
- It is suggested that during each year you spend some time in your training practice. For this you will need to apply for study leave using the form in the normal way.
- Your Educational Supervisor/Trainer will be based at a local HENW approved training practice. This may be town based in Blackpool, Cleveleys, Fleetwood and Lytham or perhaps more rural in Kirkham or Over Wyre.
What is a Clinical Supervisor?
During each 6 month ST1 and ST2 post you will have a clinical supervisor in addition to your educational supervisor.
- Responsible for teaching and supervising the trainee in an individual attachment.
- Involved in work based assessments.
- Clinical Supervisors’ reports.
RESOURCES FOR SUPERVISORS
BLACKPOOL TRAINERS’ GROUP
Blackpool GP Trainers Group is a peer support and development group for GP Trainers and GPs interested in becoming trainers. It is currently chaired by Dr Natalie Salah firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings are currently held approximately every 2 months and are a mixture of face to face at Blackpool Victoria Hospital Education Centre or online.
HEE NW GP SCHOOL CONTACT DETAILS:
All queries including trainer, trainee and ARCP related issues should go to email@example.com. The team then forwards these on to the relevant departments.
USEFUL RESOURCES FOR TRAINERS
AKT Resources for Trainers
RCA SOX RESOURCES:
Trainer information sheet: https://nwpgmd.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/RCA%20SOX%20Trainer%20info%20leaflet.pdf
RCA Summary for Trainers November 22: https://www.nwpgmd.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/RCA%20Summary%20for%20Trainers%20November%2022.pdf